Are you trying to be more active but don’t have time for a proper workout at the gym? Finding time to exercise can be difficult, especially after a long day of work. By switching up your daily routine just a little you’ll be able to add in some fun, easy exercises. You’ll feel less fatigued and more alive in no time.
Try these tips!
- Keep active at your desk. When you’re sitting in your chair try some breathing exercises and easy aerobics. For example, hold in your stomach and let it out.
- Leg lifts are even easier to do from your chair at work.
- Buy a stress ball and squeeze it during work, while watching TV, or even at school. This burns calories, relieves stress and improves blood flow.
- Don’t catch the lift – try the stairs instead!
- Don’t take the bus all the way to your doorstep, hop off a few stops before and enjoy the fresh air.
- Speaking of fresh air, spend some time outdoors, especially if you have children or pets. Play some of their favourite games, which will keep you running around.
- Cleaning your house is a great way to exercise…vacuuming, dusting and cleaning windows can get your heart pumping!
- Some people find gardening, golf, sailing or skiing very relaxing activities, but they can also be great physical workout. Increase outdoor activities that you enjoy and which include exercise.