1 white onion, finely sliced
3 garlic cloves, sliced
2 carrots, scrubbed and diced
85 grams red lentils
1 litre of vegetable stock
Generous sprigs parsley, chopped plus a few extra leaves for decoration
Black pepper to taste
- Saute onion for two mins in a little of the stock until they start to soften.
- Add the garlic and carrots.
- Pour in the remaining stock and stir in the lentils.
- Cover the pan and cook over a medium heat for 15 mins until the lentils are tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.
- Ladle into bowls, and scatter with extra parsley leaves and some black pepper.