• 1 large eggplant
• 2 tablespoons tahini
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• juice of ½ lemon
• ½ teaspoon ground cumin
• 2-3 sprigs parsley, chopped for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Prick eggplant to prevent bruising and bake in oven for 45 minutes until flesh inside is soft. Allow to cool, then peel.
2. Squeeze eggplant in a clean tea towel to remove as much liquid as possible.
3. Mash or blend eggplant and garlic in a food processor to a smooth puree.
4. Add tahini and lemon juice alternately, beating or blending between each addition.
5. Add cumin, blend, taste and add more lemon juice or tahini if required.
6. Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with parsley. Serve with Lebanese bread.