• 1 medium beet, roughly chopped and skin taken off
• 2 cups apple cider vinegar
• 2 cups water
• ¼ cup maple sugar
• 2 tablespoons Himalayan pink salt
1. In a pot, add beetroot and cover with 2 cups of water.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Remove from heat. Remove skin.
4. In a bowl, combine vinegar, maple sugar and salt, whisking until salt is dissolved.
5. Place the beetroot in a jar and pour the hot water from the pan and the vinegar mixture over the beets.
6. Allow mixture to set at room temperature for 1–2 hours.
7. Tightly cover the jar and place in the refrigerator.