The term earthing simply means walking barefoot on sand, soil or grass. When your bare feet or skin comes into contact with the earth, free electrons are taken up into the body.
These electrons have been referred to as nature’s biggest antioxidants and help neutralise damaging excess free radicals that can lead to inflammation and disease in the body.
Earthing allows us to reconnect with the earth and strengthen the relationship between our bodies and the electrons around us.
Earthing has been shown to help with:
• Improving sleep and promoting a deeper sleep
• Increasing energy and vitality
• Lowering stress and promoting calmness in the body by cooling down the nervous system and stress hormones
• Normalising the body’s biological rhythms
• Relieving muscle tensions and headaches
There are so many benefits to be gained by simply walking barefoot along the ground! Who knew?