Here is a recipe that is sure to warm you up on a cold winter’s day. Good for a snack, or a light lunch or dinner.
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 small chilli, chopped
• 1 kilogram butternut pumpkin, peeled and chopped
• 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
• 1 teaspoon nutmeg
• ¼ cup light coconut cream
• 1 litre vegetable stock
• Fresh coriander to garnish
1. Sauté onion, garlic and chilli in a small amount if water or stock.
2. Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil.
3. Reduce heat, put lid on the pot and simmer for 30 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
4. Puree until smooth.
5. Serve with garnish of fresh coriander.