Naturopathic remedies can help with a large range of personal challenges. However, its important to seek the advice of your healthcare professional for anything that is not responding to a natural approach.
Be MedicineWise Week
This week (21–27 August 2018) is Be MedicineWise Week, which is all about raising awareness to help Australians make better decisions about medicines, medical tests and other health technologies. This is the eighth annual Be Medicinewise Week, which will promote safe practises and remind Australians that medicine misuse can happen to anyone.
What is medicine misuse
If people are NOT taking medicines as directed then they may be misusing them. This includes:
• Taking medicines at the wrong time, or the wrong dose
• Taking medicines in unsafe ways such as opening pills or cutting patches
• Sharing medicines with family or friends
• Taking multiple medicines which could lead to incorrect dosing or side effects
• Taking medicines with other substances like illegal drugs or alcohol.
How can you help?
• Share materials and resources to raise awareness amongst friends and colleagues
• Start a conversation on medicinewise behaviour on your channels, using the hashtag #BeMedicinewise
• Host a Be Medicinewise Week event at your workplace.
“NPS MedicineWise is an independent, not-for-profit and evidence-based organisation that works to improve the way health technologies, medicines and medical tests are prescribed and used. Established in 1998 with the primary aim of promoting quality use of medicines, today they have grown to connect with health consumers and health professionals nation-wide, changing attitudes and behaviours, and empowering all Australians to make the best possible healthcare decisions when they count.”
For more information visit nps.org.au/bmw2016 or email email@example.com