Looking for a warming satisfying and healthy start to your winter morning? It’s really hard to go past a bowl of fruit filled porridge. Here’s a fabulous recipe that’s super quick to make to spice up your morning and get your metabolism kick started for the busy day ahead!
• ½ cup of rolled ‘quick’ oats (if you only have normal oats crush them up in a mortar and pestle to make them finer)
• 1 cup of water
• 2 slices of dried apples, chopped
• 2 dried pitted prunes, chopped
• A piece of dried ginger, copped fine (optional)
• ½ teaspoon of cinnamon or nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
• A splash of milk or a spoonful of yoghurt (optional)
• A small handful of fresh berries (optional)
• Place the oats, water and chopped dried fruit into a microwave safe container and cook on high for two minutes
• Stir the porridge – add a little more water if necessary – and cook for a one more minute
• Place in a bowl and top with the remaining ingredients to suit your taste and enjoy!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so warm up and enjoy your morning with a steaming bowl of healthy porridge today!