Perfect for a warm spring afternoon snack or evening meal, this vegetarian dish of tomato, feta and pine nuts is a fantastic yet simple recipe that can be whipped up at a moment’s notice.
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup basil pesto
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• Salt and pepper
• 1 cup feta cheese, cubed
• 3 zucchini, halved
• 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
1. In a medium sized pan toss one tablespoon of olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, oregano, garlic, and a pinch each of salt, pepper, and pine nuts.
2. Once the pine nuts are slightly golden, stir in the tomatoes and feta cheese.
3. Toss the zucchini with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pre heat the grill to a medium heat and grill the zucchini for three to five minutes per side or until light char marks appear on each side.
4. Arrange the zucchini on a platter, brush evenly with pesto and place the pine nuts, tomatoes and feta mixture on top.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature and enjoy!