Managing stress is a daily task for many of us. Many of us struggle with keeping calm and collected during challenging times and sometimes we become overwhelmed. , Taking a proactive approach to managing stress and anxiety can really help you to live a healthier and happier life.
Here are some signs to look for:
• A negative outlook on life, activities, socialising, etc.
• Sudden weight loss or weight gain
• Lack of self-esteem, anxiety, guilt, depression or feeling helpless
• Restless sleep, apathy, insomnia or tiredness
• Muscle soreness, racing heart or sweating (for no reason), digestive problems and constipation
• Feeling tense, irritated, aggravated or resentful
• Indecision and forgetfulness
• A tendency to over-indulge in alcohol, take drugs, smoke or gamble
Here are some things you can do to help:
• Identify the causes of your stress
• Change what you can and accept what you have no control over
• Focus on your strengths
• Learn a new skill to help you manage your stress – yoga, meditation, wlking in nature, aqua fitness, (see some of our fantastic relaxation and stress management solutions)
• Build resilience and celebrate your successes no matter how small
The most important things to remember – it’s okay to ask for help! If you feel yourself slipping out of control reach out for support.