Follow these useful tips to build your bone strength:
1. Exercise is key to bone integrity. Try weight resistance work such as yoga, pilates, stretching or dynaband sessions. Aim for four or five 20-minute sessions per week.
2. Avoid stimulants such as sugar, soft drinks, coffee, smoking, salt, alcohol, excessive protein, and processed foods. Stimulants can affect the balance of minerals resulting in bone loss or protein loss and can lead to inflammation in the joints.
3. Increase your intake of magnesium and calcium. Magnesium and calcium are both important in immune function, general movement and bone structure. Eat regular servings of mixed green leaves, parsley, nuts, egg, low fat mozzarella, figs and soya beans.
4. Spend 10-15 minutes daily in direct sunlight. Vitamin D is essential for bone density and formation.
5. Try swimming! Water therapy is a great way to strengthen your muscles and your bones in a gentle and supportive environment.
If knee weakness persists please see your doctor or healthcare professional for more information and guidance.