Perfect on a spring afternoon or for an after-dinner treat – this honey, orange and almond cake is healthy, delicious and well worth talking about!
• 2 oranges
• 6 eggs
• 1 cup of honey
• 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
• 1 ½ cups of almond meal
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Boil whole oranges for 1 hour changing the water twice to remove any bitterness.
2. Drain and cool the oranges.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees.
4. Blend oranges in a food processor.
5. Beat eggs, honey and cardamom until creamy, then stir in the orange pulp.
6. Add almond meal and baking powder.
7. The mix will be fairly soft.
8. Pour into a baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes.
9. Let cool in tin before lifting or cutting.
10. Serve with strawberry and balsamic sauce.
Strawberry balsamic sauce
• 1 punnet strawberries
• Small knob fresh ginger, grated
• 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
• 1 teaspoon honey
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 3-4 minutes.