The festive season is upon us. It can be a challenging time to make healthy eating and lifestyle choices. So here’s a fantastic healthy Hopewood recipe for our favourite seasonal pudding.
• 4 tablespoons of sago
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup of brown sugar
• 1 cup of milk
• 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
• 2 cups of wholemeal breadcrumbs
• 2 cups of mixed sultanas, raisins and apricots
• Soak sago in 1 cup of water overnight.
• Beat eggs, then mix in brown sugar, milk, softened butter, breadcrumbs and dried fruit.
• Stir in the sago.
• Place in a lightly buttered pudding steamer, or a buttered pudding bowl tightly covered, and steam for 3-4 hours.
• Place on a rack and cool.
• Wrap in baking paper and foil to store.
• Store in a cool place or in the refrigerator.
• Use within a few days.