Mornings are a special time. While the afternoon marks the end of a day and life circle, the morning is a time for rebirth, revitalisation and reinvention. The way we begin the day quite often sets us on the path in which the rest of the day will follow.
Routine is a great way to keep you on track to a healthy, motivated and stress-free daybreak. Here are a few things you might like to add to your morning rituals:
- Drink a glass of water with some freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Make your bed
- Meditate for ten minutes
- Go to the gym or do a few gentle exercises at home
- Have a cup of herb tea
- Write three goals to complete today
- Prepare a healthy, balanced breakfast
- Or try a morning mantra! Here’s one you might like to try:
Today I will …
1. Accept what is … rather than resenting what isn’t.
2. Be thankful for everything I have.
3. Be grateful for this day.
4. Focus on how I want to feel, not what I want to achieve.
5. Be stronger than my excuses.
Have a great day because every day is a gift, that is why they call it the present.