Do you want to increase your wellbeing with some gentle, highly efficient exercise? Why not give swimming a try?
Here are some easy exercises you can try in the pool or at your local beach spot.
1. Move as quickly as possible across the shallow end of the pool, up and back twice (note: focus on exaggerated movements with your legs)
2. Whilst standing in a neutral position, bring your hands to the sides of your head and raise your apposing knee (as high as comfortably possible) towards your elbows. Repeat this motion 10 times, rest for 30 seconds and repeat twice more.
3. Bend down to a squatting position, leaning slightly forward over your knees, place your arms under the water and punch upwards in a circle motion (boxing uppercut) 10 times, resting for 30 seconds and repeat twice more.
1. Follow the workout above and then challenge yourself with the next few exercise.
2. Whilst standing in a neutral position, bring each hand (one at a time) to meet the opposing foot, stand and then jump up in one fluid motion. This movement is also known as a Toyota. Repeat this 10 times on each side, rest of 30 seconds and repeat twice more.
3. Lift your hands to grip the side of the pool, maintaining straight arms and kick your legs at a steady and comfortable pace until failure. Rest for 30 seconds and repeat twice more.