Are you waking up with sore feet in the morning? Do you walk to work and find yourself stopping more than usual due to foot pain? Here are some helpful tips that might just have you ‘walking on sunshine’.
Tips to getting you on the right foot
- Treat yourself to a hot footbath. Heat water to 30 degrees; add half a glass of Epsom salts and three drops of lavender oil. Soak feet for ten minutes.
- Massage your whole foot, from toes to arch to heel. Remember to stretch your joints whilst doing this.
- Roll a golf or hockey ball on the floor with the bottom of your foot while seated. This massages the bottom of the foot and can help relieve the discomfort of heel pain, cramps or arch strain.
- Avoid wearing high heels, cheap or old runners or poorly fitting shoes.
- Don’t persevere with discomfort; if this home treatment hasn’t helped, a visit to the podiatrist could save you a lot of pain and money.