Spring is almost upon us and after the long and cold months of winter, many of us are left feeling lethargic and unmotivated to leap into the new season. We are all guilty of indulging in a little comfort food when it’s cooler, so why not put a spring back in your step with a simple and easy detoxification. A detox now will have you feeling healthy, happy and motivated to enjoy the warmer months ahead!
Detoxification is the process of removing toxins from the body. It benefits both your physical and mental health.
There are many methods to detoxify our bodies such as a change of diet and an increase in fresh fruit and vegetable juices.
Our tips to improve your diet:
• Introduce organic food sources into your diet, they are free from chemical sprays and drug residues.
• Increase your intake of water, fresh fruit and leafy green vegetables. Fresh raw produce typically has a high-water content, which helps to eliminate toxins through your kidneys.
• Eat a low-fat, high-fibre diet while increasing your intake of whole grains and pulses. This will assist your body in eliminating stored waste.
• Eliminate refined foods altogether and eat brown rice, oats, millet, buckwheat, quinoa and pulses instead.
• Avoid foods that are hard to digest and irritate the gut such as wheat and dairy.
The Western diet is generally lacking in vitality and freshness, it’s too low in fibre and too refined which can lead to poor digestion. It’s important to avoid processed foods. Commercial food production can lead to low levels of vitamins and minerals and high quantities of preservatives and other additives.
By implementing these simple improvements, you will feel revitalised and cleansed and be ready for Spring!
For a more intense cleanse and detox try Hopewood’s water fast and juice therapy.