• 1 large shallot
• ½ small bunch chives
• 8 cups frisée lettuce (about 1 large head)
• 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• Rock salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• ¼ cup red wine vinegar, plus more
• 1 tbsp. honey
• 2 large eggs
• 1 cup grated carrot
1. Peel and thinly slice the shallots and finely chop the chives.
2. Thoroughly wash and dry 8 cups frisée. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add a drizzle of olive oil, shallots and about ½ teaspoon of pepper to a medium pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are just softened. Remove from the heat and add the red wine vinegar and honey and stir to combine. Season to taste.
4. Bring a medium pot of water to the boil. Carefully crack an egg into the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes or until whites are hardened and yoke soft. Remove with straining spoon and repeat.
5. Add lettuce, carrot, chives and vinaigrette to a serving bowl and toss to combine. Top with poached eggs and serve warm.