This light, flavourful, bake is packed with nutritious ingredients, and uses natural sweeteners such as fruit and honey to give this dessert a punch. Enjoy with friends over afternoon tea, or delight guests at your next dinner party.
· 500 grams ricotta
· 8 apples peeled and stewed (30 minutes)
· 4 eggs
· ½ cup honey
· ½ cup pistachios
· ¼ cup coconut shredded
· 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
· 6 bananas
1. Put pistachios in a food processor and blend for 30 seconds
2. Add ricotta and half the honey, vanilla and eggs. Blend for 2-3 minutes till smooth
3. In a greased baking tray (20 x 25cm) spread the stewed apples and cover with bananas
4. Sprinkle with remaining honey
5. Cover with ricotta mixture and sprinkle with coconut
6. Bake for 20 minutes at 165°C or until golden brown
7. Serve hot or cold.
Tag #hopewoodrecipe and share your creation with us on Instagram!