You may have heard about the benefits of rose water. The fragrant and extremely versatile liquid has an extensive range of uses for hair and skin-care. Rose water can be used as a facial toner, hair perfume, moisturiser, cleanser and more!
This magic potion dates back to Egypt when Cleopatra used this in her beauty regime. Rose water maintains skin’s pH balance, controls oil, has anti-inflammatory properties, helps reduce redness and even helps to heal scars and wounds.
The best way to use rose water is to apply it at night, before going to sleep. Spritz it on your face for night long hydration and rejuvenation. You can also spritz some in your hair to help tame frizziness and breakage and add healthy shine.
Why not treat yourself this Valentine’s Day, have a bath, cleanse your body and finish with a spritz of your own rosewater spray?
· Two-three fresh roses, rinsed
· 2 cups water
1. Pluck the rose petals to fill one cup.
2. Place the petals into a sauce pan and pour water just enough to cover
3. Cover the pot with a lid and set the heat to low
4. Monitor the pot for about 20 minutes. Make sure the water does not come to boil
5. After about 20 minutes, the water should become pink and the rose petals slightly paler
6. Place a strainer over a large mason jar (enough for about 500mls of water)
7. Use strainer to catch the rose petals and fill the jar with rose water
8. Distribute the rose water into a small spray bottle and use regularly
9. Store rose water in the fridge and keep for about one week