This fiber-rich recipe is packed with heart-healthy fats found in sunflower seeds and anti-inflammatory herbs such as turmeric and cumin. Enjoy as a side or add to any green salad to help keep you satiated for longer.
· 2 table spoons of olive oil
· 1 ½ cups cooked couscous
· 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· ½ teaspoon turmeric
· ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
· 4 sprigs of parsley
· 60 grams rocket
· 1 large cucumber, cut in slices and quartered.
1. In a pan heat 1 table spoon of oil, add in fennel, cumin, turmeric and sunflower seeds until aromatic.
2. Add couscous and stir well until covered in dressing. Add in rocket and once it has wilted slightly, remove from heat and place all ingredients into bowl.
3. Add cucumber and parsley, stir in well, drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon over the top, and serve