• ½ bunch English spinach leaves
• 200 grams butternut pumpkin, cubed
• ½ onion
• ½ red capsicum, cut into strips
• ½ yellow capsicum, cut into strips
• ½ zucchini, sliced
• 1 eggplant, halved and sliced
• 1/3 cup basil, finely chopped
• 2 teaspoons tamari
• 3-4 sheets of filo pastry
• A small amount of melted butter
• 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
• Fresh herbs or nasturtium flowers for garnish
1. Steam spinach leaves for 1-2 minutes and dry.
2. Steam pumpkin until softened.
3. Stir-fry onion in 2 tablespoons of water until softened.
4. Add capsicum, zucchini and eggplant and cook until softened.
5. Add pumpkin, season with herbs and tamari and set aside to cool.
6. Prepare filo pastry.
7. Place spinach and cooled vegetable mixture along one side of the pastry about 5cms from the edge.
8. Fold the sides over the filling and roll up tightly.
9. Place strudel, seam side down on a tray layered with baking paper.
10. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
11. Bake in the oven at 180C for 25 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
12. Serve with a garnish of fresh herbs or nasturtium flowers.