Sleep gives our bodies the chance to rest and recover. This helps us to function better and improves our mood. If you’re struggling to get a good night’s sleep, essential oils can help. They can help us to relax and achieve deep sleep. And they’re natural!
We recommend trying the following essential oils:
• Citrus – bergamot, neroli
You can use the essential oils in the following ways:
1. In a bath – add 10 to 15 drops to your bath.
2. Through a diffuser – the instructions should tell you how much of the essential oil to include.
3. By inhaling – place the essential oil under your nose and breathe in deeply.
4. By applying it to your skin – dilute essential oils in a carrier oil before applying it to your skin. Add 6 drops of essential oil for every 2 teaspoons of carrier oil. Use it in a massage or apply it to pressure points such as your temples, wrists and behind your ears.
5. Via a mist or spray bottle – mix essential oils and water in a spray bottle then spray it on your pillow, bed linens and around your room. Add 4 to 5 drops of essential oils for every half cup of water.
Essential oils are strong and can cause skin irritation and reactions. Therefore, it’s safest to dilute them first before use. Our dilution ratios are just suggestions – you may like to add more or less depending on how strong a scent you prefer.