• 1 cup coconut oil
• 1/2 cup shea butter
• 10 drops lavender oil (or other essential oil)
1. Partially fill a saucepan with water and bring to medium heat. Place a glass bowl on top of the saucepan and add coconut oil and shea butter. Stir until ingredients are melted.
2. Remove the bowl from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
3. Place the bowl in the fridge and let the mixture cool for an hour.
4. When the mixture has started to become firm, remove the bowl from the fridge. Add essential oil.
5. Use a hand mixer to whip the mixture until it becomes fluffy.
6. Transfer to a glass jar and store in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
• You can swap coconut oil for sweet almond oil or jojoba oil.
• You can also use cocoa butter or mango butter.
• You may want to try peppermint, grapefruit or vanilla essential oils.
• You can also add 1-2 teaspoons of arrowroot powder to make the body butter feel less greasy on your skin. Add it when you remove the mixture from the heat.