• 3 cloves of garlic
• 5cm piece of ginger
• 200 grams mixed Asian greens, such as pak choy, choy sum and Chinese cabbage
• 2 spring onions
• 1 fresh red chilli
• 5 sprigs of fresh Thai basil
• 1 stick of lemongrass
• 2 star anise
• 800ml organic vegetable stock
• 1 teaspoon soy sauce
• 1 small punnet shiso cress
• 1 lime
1. Peel and crush the garlic, then peel and roughly chop the ginger. Trim the greens and finely shred the cabbage. Trim and finely slice the spring onions and chilli. Pick the herbs.
2. Bash the lemongrass on a chopping board with a rolling pin until it breaks open, then add to a large saucepan along with the garlic, ginger and star anise.
3. Place the pan over a high heat, then pour in the vegetable stock. Bring it just to the boil, then turn down very low and gently simmer for 30 minutes.
4. A couple of minutes before it’s cooked, throw in your Asian veggies and gently simmer until they are wilted but still crunchy.
5. Serve the broth in deep bowl. Season with soy sauce and sprinkle the herbs, cress, spring onion and chilli on top.
6. Serve with wedges of lime.