• 1 cup black lentils
• 4 cups water
• Juice of 1 lime
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsp salted capers, rinsed and drained
• 2 bunches spinach leaves
• 1 avocado, halved
• ½ cup walnuts, chopped
• 100 grams sundried black olives
1. Place the lentils in a bowl with 4 cups of cold water. Soak overnight.
2. Drain the lentils and rinse well under cold water.
3. Add the lentils and 4 cups of water to a pot and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce to a low simmer and cover for 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Once the lentils are cooked, set aside to cool.
6. Whisk lime juice, oil and capers in a bowl to prepare the dressing.
7. Place spinach and avocado into a salad bowl and spoon over the lentils.
8. Top with walnuts and olives and drizzle the dressing to serve.