• 1 can black beans, rinsed
• 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
• 1/2 cup freshly prepared salsa
• 4x 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
• 2 teaspoons canola oil
• 1 ripe avocado, diced
1. Combine beans, cheese and 1/4cup salsa in a medium bowl to make the filling.
2. Place tortillas on a work surface. Spread 1/2 cup filling on half of each tortilla.
3. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to flatten.
4. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
5. Add 2 quesadillas and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides, 2 to 4 minutes total.
6. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm.
7. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and quesadillas.
8. Serve the quesadillas with avocado and the remaining salsa.