• 6 fresh figs
• 75g gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
• 1/4 cup of olive oil
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
• 2 cups picked watercress leaves
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Cut a cross in the top of each fig, top with a heaped teaspoon of gorgonzola, and place in an ovenproof dish. Place two tablespoons of the olive oil, the sugar and vinegar in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Drizzle a little of the balsamic mixture over each fig and bake in oven for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted. Place the watercress leaves and remaining olive oil in a bowl, season well with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
4. To serve, divide the watercress between six plates and top each with a fig. Drizzle with any remaining vinegar.