1. Bake the whole eggplant and whole capsicums at 200°C for about 25 minutes, until the eggplant is soft and the capsicum is blistered and blackened.
2. Remove from oven and cover the capsicum with cling wrap. Cool for 5-10 minutes. The capsicum sweats which makes skinning and de-seeding easy.
3. Place coriander seeds into a dry saucepan, cover and heat until they begin to pop, set aside.
4. Half the eggplant and scoop out the flesh.
5. Place eggplant flesh, deseeded skinned capsicums, coriander, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor.
6. Process until smooth and pour into a serving dish.
7. Combine olive oil and paprika, and drizzle over the top.
Serve with raw vegetable crudité (e.g. celery, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower cut into sections) or lavosh bread or toasted Lebanese bread torn into bite-sized pieces.
Eggplant is an excellent source of dietary fibre, vitamin B1 and copper.