Before booking a health retreat style holiday, it’s important to ask yourself the following questions:
- What sort of experience am I looking for?
- Do I want to challenge myself?
- Am I wanting to focus more on rest, recuperation and learning?
- What’s the flavour/philosophy I’m looking for at the health retreat?
- Does the place, its style and location, resonate with me personally?
- Do I want to be part of a group or am I looking for solitude?
Why chose an Australian health retreat?
Choosing an Australian health retreat has the benefit of our wonderful climate, native bushland, beautiful beaches, clean water and natural environment which is often part of the experience. We also have very good health and safety regulations governing residential facilities here. Overseas travel can be tiring and may reduce the effectiveness of the retreat experience, particularly on the return journey.
Advantages of doing retreats overseas
You can immerse yourself in a different culture and experience something completely different to your normal environment. Removing yourself from your Australian reality and being outside your comfort zone may be the catalyst you need to see yourself objectively, change your headspace and reinvent yourself.