Too busy to get to the gym? We’ve put together our top five deskercises for you to do every day at work!
- Take the stairs! Every time you go to lunch, visit a colleague or go to a meeting on another floor – take the stairs!
- Stand at your desk! It’s amazing how hard it is to stand up for a long period. This will help the blood flow through your body more effectively.
- Squat at your desk. Standing next to your desk, try squatting 30 times with a 10 second rest between each. Repeat 10 times.
- Chair leg extensions. Sit straight on your chair and extend one leg out in front of you, hold for 10 seconds, then raise it as high as you can, and hold it for another 10 seconds. Repeat 30 times.
- Calf raises. Standing in front of your desk move your weight onto your toes, raising your heels off the ground. Slowly lower your heels back onto the ground. Repeat 30 times.
You’re never too busy to get moving!