• 2 cups of raw cashews, ground
• 1 cup of tomatoes, chopped
• 1 cup of carrots, chopped
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 cup of celery, chopped
• 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs, finely sliced (e.g. Coriander, sage, basil)
• 2 tablespoons of tamari
• 2 eggs, whisked
• 1 tomato, sliced to line baking tin
• Parsley, chopped to garnish
• Tomato juice to moisten if necessary
• Black pepper (optional)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees. Place ground cashews in a mixing bowl. Process the vegetables in a blender.
2. Whisk the eggs, adding the tamari. Combine the nuts, vegetables, herbs, egg mixture and tomato juice (only if necessary) until you get a moist consistency.
3. Line a loaf tin with baking paper. Place tomato slices over the baking paper until the entire base is covered.
4. Pour the mixture on top of the tomatoes and level with a fork.
5. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until firm. Remove from oven and let tin stand for 15 minutes before turning the loaf onto a plate. Garnish with parsley.