The winter season can be particularly harsh on your skin, with dryness, flakiness, and itchiness being common problems. Fortunately, these natural household products can provide relief and nourishment during the colder months.
Here are five products you may already have in your kitchen:
- Coconut oil is a popular and effective way to moisturise and protect the skin from damage caused by the harsh winter climate. Its fatty acids penetrate the skin and the anti-oxidants it contains are ideal for keeping you looking and feeling younger this winter.
- Olive oil is another ideal winter ingredient to nourish and hydrate the skin with its omega-3, omega-6, healthy fats and acids. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe dry and itchy skin caused by cold weather.
- Honey is a natural humectant that works wonders by attracting and retaining moisture in the skin. It makes an ideal ingredient for winter skin care. It also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that prevent acne and soothe inflamed skin.
- Milk and cream are excellent natural moisturisers that can help combat dry skin during the colder months. They contain lactic acid, a natural exfoliant that removes dead skin cells and promotes cell turnover. Additionally, they contain vitamins A and D, which can help to improve skin health and prevent premature aging.
- Clarified butter or ghee is a natural moisturiser that can help to soothe and heal dry and irritated skin during winter as well! It is rich in fatty acids that penetrate the skin easily, providing deep hydration. Ghee also contains vitamins A and E, which can help to improve skin health and promote a glowing complexion.
Why not try use natural household skin care products during winter this year? They can help combat dryness, itching, and other skin problems caused by harsh weather, leaving your skin healthy and glowing.