• 2 cups raw cashew nuts
• 1 cup feta cheese
• ½ medium Spanish onion, finely chopped
• 1 bunch English spinach, blanched
• 4 x 60 gram eggs, whisked
• ½ cup of your favourite herbs, chopped (e.g. mint, basil, chervil, dill, parsley or coriander)
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed
• 2 teaspoons cumin
• 12 large mushrooms or 6 large Roma tomatoes or 3 large zucchinis
• 12 x ½ walnuts for garnish or almonds, macadamias, sesame seeds, or pine nuts
1. Crush raw cashews to a coarse texture in a food processor.
2. Crumble feta cheese finely.
3. Wash spinach, remove the stalks, blanch and refresh with cold water.
4. Remove as much liquid from the spinach as possible by pressing it in your hands, then chop.
5. Add all remaining stuffing ingredients and combine thoroughly.
6. Remove mushroom stems and fill the cups with the stuffing (or halve and scrape out the centres of the tomatoes or zucchinis prior to stuffing).
7. Garnish with a walnut half (or other selected garnish) and place onto a tray lined with baking paper.
8. Bake at 180°C for 15 -20 minutes until golden brown.