It’s summer so it’s quite likely you’ll be off to the beach sometime soon. Here’s our list of beach bag essentials to ensure you have everything you need for a healthy, happy day.
- Sunscreen: sunscreen is an essential no matter where you go during summer. For the beach it’s very important to choose a waterproof sunscreen that will keep you protected even when you go for a swim. Choose 50 SPF, apply 20 minutes before you go out into the sunshine and remember to reapply frequently.
- Lip balm: it’s surprisingly easy to forget this beach bag essential. Make sure to choose a lip balm that has SPF protection too because it’s super easy to burn your lips.
- Beach towel: essential for any trip to the beach, to sit on as well as to dry yourself off. Try to select a quick drying towel that’s made sustainably.
- Hat: For maximum sun protection, we recommend opting for a wide brimmed hat, and the lighter the colour the cooler it will be too.
- Water bottle: It’s easy to forget to drink water at the beach, but it’s super important to avoid getting dehydrated. A double-walled stainless steel water bottle is ideal as it will keep your drink cool all day.
- Cover up: pack an oversized shirt to provide extra sun protection and to pop on if there’s a wind, or it starts to cool down.
- Shade tent or umbrella: there are many lightweight shade tents available and we recommend these or a beach umbrella are an ideal to further protect you from UV damage while you sit or lie on the sand.
- Book: nothing beats a book on the beach. Sit in the shade and ease your mind with a favourite book.
- Cooler and snacks: pack some healthy snacks and keep them fresh by placing them in a cooler bag. There’s nothing worse than food getting spoiled on the beach.
- Bluetooth speaker or headphones: music can make a day at the beach more fun. If you’re on your own, remember your headphones, or if you are in a larger group a speaker can be a nice touch. Just try not to disrupt other beach goers too much.
Enjoy a fabulous summer’s day at the beach.