Basil is considered by many to be one of the healthiest herbs. You will receive the most benefits when it’s eaten fresh. Basil exudes a sweet, earthy aroma that indicates the promise of pleasantly pungent flavour and it contains an impressive list of nutrients. Some of these nutrients include manganese, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium and omega-3 fats, as well as vitamins A, C and K.
Not only is basil delicious and good for you and, it has several other benefits too. It can:
- help soothe your skin
- help fade dark spots
- help brighten your complexion
- unclog your pores, and
- help ease stress.
Basil can also help tone your skin. Try this natural facemask:
- 1 cup of boiling water, and
- 3 tablespoons of dry basil leaves (or a handful of fresh basil)
- Combine ½ of the boiling water and basil leaves, blending both until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass container and add the remaining water.
- Cover and leave until water reaches room temperature.
- When ready, use a strainer to strain out basil and pour remaining green water into a bottle.
- To apply, simply moisten a cotton pad with the liquid and sweep in upwards motion on your face.