Our home environment has a big impact on our wellbeing. It can affect our mood, emotions, behaviours and even our interactions with others.
It’s not just about how the space looks but also how it feels. Sounds, smells, colours, objects and lighting all play a role in how we feel in our home.
Spring is a time for new beginnings. It often brings a sense of hope and optimism. If you welcome this into your home, it can create a calmer and more positive environment. This in turn can lift your spirits and give you a renewed sense of energy. And freshening up your home can be therapeutic and deeply satisfying.
Here are some simple ways to invite Spring into your home:
- Put some flowers and indoor plants around your home
- Open the windows and let the fresh air in
- Wash couch linens and drapes
- Replace your old cushion covers
- Air out your rugs
- Do some spring cleaning and give everything a good scrub, sweep and dust
- Organise your closet, drawers, and cupboards
- Brighten your home with some botanical or pastel-coloured prints
- Diffuse some essential oils, burn some incense or light some fragrant candles
- Paint or rearrange your furniture