We’re advocates of getting into nature. So, we thought now would be a great time to remind you of the many benefits of spending time exploring our beautiful country.
Hopewood provided its natural health and wellbeing guidance and support at our health retreat for 55 years. Our philosophy promotes vegetarianism, plenty of water and freshly prepared juices, food combining, regular exercise and relaxation. It also emphasises the power of fresh air and spending some time in our natural environment.
Getting into nature has both short and long-term mental and physical benefits. Spending at least 15 minutes outside every day can help you achieve a happier and healthier lifestyle.
Spending time in nature can help:
- Fight stress
- Improve Vitamin D levels
- Elevate mood
- Help us practice mindfulness
- Decrease our anxiety
- Help us get better sleep, and
- Improve our concentration and general alertness throughout the day!
There are a number of activities you can try to increase the time you spend in nature:
- Go for a walk or gentle run outside
- Ride your bike to work
- Play golf
- Go for a bush walk or along a beach
- Go fishing
- Practice yoga or meditation outside
- Have a healthy picnic in the park, and
- Do your favourite activity outside – such as painting or reading.
The next time you go outdoors, take your shoes off and spend some time walking barefoot in the grass or in the sand. This process increases the health benefits you receive from spending time in nature, as the relationship that your body has with the electrons in the earth increases.