• 1 cup almonds
• 4 cups filtered water
• 2 whole pitted dates, (optional)*
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)*
• Nut milk bag (can use a cheese cloth or thin dish towel)
1. Soak almonds in water for 4-6 hours.
2. Drain and rinse the soaked almonds.
3. Add almonds, water, dates and vanilla extract to a blender and blend until creamy.
4. Strain through a nut milk bag and squeeze well to extract all the liquid. You can save the almond pulp for baking or discard.
5. Pour the almond milk into a glass jar and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
6. Shake well before drinking.