Nurturing yourself is very important but so few of us take the time to do it. It’s not always about being self-indulgent but it’s always about doing things that will make you feel better into the future as well as in the moment.
It doesn’t have to take lots of time and money to nurture yourself. We’ve developed some simple tips to use to nurture yourselves every day. They’re easy to follow and proven to help:
• Drink a warm glass of water with half a squeezed lemon in it at the start of your day. This will help eliminate toxins from your body.
• Fuel your body with wholesome foods. Our diet should include mostly raw, plant based, whole foods. Even better if it’s also low fat and high fibre. You could try making one of our delicious dips: https://hopewoodlifestyle.com.au/2020/10/snack-on-our-delicious-dips/
• Meditate for at least 10 minutes a day. It will help clear your mind and calm your body. There’s an abundance of free mediations that you can find online.
• Do something you love! Interrupt your busy schedule each week to do something that makes you happy. This could be catching up with a friend, dancing around to your favourite songs in the morning, or reading a good book in the evening.
• Get a massage! It’s important to make time to rest and recharge. A massage is a great way to unwind every month. Alternatively, you could try foam rolling, using a massage ball or having an Epsom salt bath to relieve tension in your body.
Try our tips and start nurturing yourself today.