• ½ cup self-raising wholemeal flour
• ½ cup buckwheat (or additional wholemeal flour)
• 1½ cups milk
• 1 egg
• Fresh berries of your choice. We love black berries, strawberries and blueberries
• 1 tablespoon of almond flakes
• 100% maple syrup, cinnamon apple butter, natural yogurt and/or berry compote (optional)
1. Separate the egg whites from the yolk.
2. Sift flours into a bowl and blend in milk and egg yolk.
3. Beat egg white until stiff and gently fold into buckwheat mixture (add a little more milk, if necessary to make a smooth consistency).
4. Place spoonful of the mixture on a hot, non-stick pan until bubbly.
5. Turn over and cook the other side.
6. Plate up, add fruit, nuts and sauce/syrup of your choice. Serve immediately.