Autumn is here and we can already feel the temperature start to drop. So, to help you get out of bed this weekend, we’re serving you up the most delicious, nutritious pancake recipe.
• ½ cup self-raising wholemeal flour
• ½ cup buckwheat (or additional wholemeal flour)
• 1½ cups milk
• 1 egg
• Fresh berries of your choice. We love black berries, strawberries and blueberries
• 1 tablespoon of almond flakes
• 100% maple syrup, cinnamon apple butter, natural yogurt and/or berry compote (optional)
1. Separate the egg whites from the yolk.
2. Sift flours into a bowl and blend in milk and egg yolk.
3. Beat egg white until stiff and gently fold into buckwheat mixture (add a little more milk, if necessary to make a smooth consistency).
4. Place spoonful of the mixture on a hot, non-stick pan until bubbly.
5. Turn over and cook the other side.
6. Plate up, add fruit, nuts and sauce/syrup of your choice. Serve immediately.