• 1½ cups milk
• 1/3 cup powdered milk
• ½ cup powdered culture, available at health food stores, in place of the yoghurt.
1. Pour the milk into a saucepan and stir through powdered milk to dissolve.
2. Heat until almost boiling, but do not allow to boil (approximately 82 °C).
3. Let the milk cool down to warm (about 46 °C) for about 10 minutes.
4. Either prepare a yoghurt maker or preheat a thermos flask with boiling water.
5. When the milk mixture has cooled correctly, add the powdered culture and whisk slightly to mix well.
6. Pour the milk mixture into the yoghurt maker or thermos flask and keep at a warm temperature overnight. If it is very cold you may need to wrap the thermos in a towel.
7. It should be ready within 8 hours, but it can take longer to reach the desired consistency.
8. Store in the fridge.