When was the last time you let your creative energy out? You don’t need to be a talented artist to reap the benefits of investing time in a creative activity.
The benefits of engaging in crafts and creative activities include:
- Boosts mental health by promoting relaxation
- Improves cognitive skills
- Brings people together
- Rewarding outcomes
Not sure what activity to try? Here are some suggestions:
- Knitting- There are plenty of online tutorials to get you started, the cooler months are a perfect time to work with wool and you’ll be proud of what you can create.
- Join an art class- Step out of your comfort zone and try an art form that’s new for you – or something you used to love doing but haven’t tried for a while. Google a local art class and join up. You might want to try pottery, drawing, painting, wood working, photography or even glass making.
- Building Lego- An activity many of us loved as kids but may not have done since. Why not get a challenging design – there are numerous complex adult options available to test your skill and patience.
- Painting by numbers- A great option if you want to create a beautiful picture but are unsure if you have the artistic ability to pull it off. There are so many to choose from online and the outcome can be very worthwhile.
Remember being creative is not about perfection, it’s about giving it a go and having fun doing it.