The Australian winter brings with it a variety of delicious and nutritious seasonal fruits. Incorporating these seasonal fruits into your winter diet can provide a range of health benefits and add some variety to your meals and snacks.
Some of the most popular winter fruits in Australia include:
- Mandarin: These small, easy-to-peel citrus fruits are sweet and juicy, packed with vitamin C and other essential nutrients.
- Apples: Apples are a classic winter fruit, available in a range of varieties. They’re rich in fibre, antioxidants, and vitamins, making them a great choice for a healthy snack.
- Kiwi Fruit: This small, fuzzy fruit is packed with nutrients, including vitamin C, fibre, and potassium. They’re a great addition to smoothies, salads, or eaten on their own.
- Pears: Pears are a juicy and sweet winter fruit, high in fibre and vitamins C and K. They can be eaten fresh or ideal for cooking and baking.
- Persimmons: This bright orange fruit has a unique flavour and texture. It’s high in antioxidants, fibre, and vitamin A, making it a healthy addition to your winter diet.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit is a tangy and refreshing winter fruit, rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. It can be eaten on its own or used in salads and juices.
- Lemons: Although available year-round, lemons are especially popular in winter for their bright, zesty flavour. They’re a great source of vitamin C and antioxidants and can be used in a wide variety of recipes.