Looking for a sport with social and physical benefits? Tennis could be for you!
Tennis is a great sport for maintaining health, fitness, strength and agility. It can be played with a club, friends or family, providing fantastic social and psychological benefits.
We recommend getting to a local court and giving it a go. As with any new sport, make sure to rehydrate regularly and don’t overdo it.
Benefits of tennis:
- A non-impact sport
- Great way to meet new people and spend time with friends
- Suitable for all ages and skill levels
- Can help to reduce stress
- Can start playing at any age
Health benefits of tennis:
- Increases aerobic capacity
- Lowers resting heart rate and blood pressure
- Improves metabolic function
- Lowers body fat
- Improves muscle tone, strength and flexibility
- Increases reaction times
Enjoy getting outside for a game of tennis!